Saturday 23 May 2009

How to rank up in Farm Town

Ranking up in Farm Town with Grapes:

Although I wrote a post about how to rank up in Farm Town a week ago I have had a number of people email and post and disagree with me about which is the best method.

However I stand by what I wrote the quickest way to rank up in Farm Town is with hay bales... the maths proves that because you can buy a vast amount of hay bales in the same time it takes to plough, sow and harvest the next best contender: Grapes.

Just to make it clear ranking up in Farm Town with Hay Bales is all about ranking up fast! It won't make you money. If you want to make money and rank up then you need to plant grapes... which as I also pointed out in my first post are also the most profitable plants too.

However the drawback with planting Grapes to rank up is that you will become a slave to farm town, you'll need to log in every four hours and you'll need to cram in at least a minimum of three harvests a day... and even then your only getting 9xp per grape field over a space of 12 hours.

As I explained to a friend recently: Lets say you have a 10x10 farm and plan to rank up with grapes in the space of 12 hours you will earn 900xp. However on the same bit of land you could also put down 100 hay bales and earn yourself 500xp.

wait 500xp isn't more than 900xp!

No it's not. But you are forgetting that it doesn't take 12 hours to buy 100 hay bales! Lets say it takes one minute to buy one hay bale (and that's far too long), in 12 hours you could plant enough Hay Bales to earn 3,600xp Now that is a lot more than the 900xp you'd earn from the Grapes on a 10x10 farm!

As I said before you'd have to have no social life to do either - however a clever combination of Grapes, Hay Bales and some other choice crops could help you rank up in Farm Town quite quickly and without having to log in every four hours.

1 comment:

  1. I want to add you to my rss reader, because liked this article especially your way how to explain this. More Farmtown tips @ my blog www.farmheaven.blogspot.com. Please visit my site.

    ReplyDelete