Monday 25 May 2009

How to make money in Farm Town

You're probably reading this because you were searching how to make money fast in Farm Town.. there are various ways to make money in Farm Town... but only one way is easy: and that's buying credits through Paypal. If however you're looking for some Farm Town trick or cheat then I'm afraid there isn't one... no sadly despite what you may have heard you cannot arrange scarecrows and crates in a special way to boost money (you'd be surprised what some people believe though!)

You could try the "Earn Coins" tab, though i'd advise taking part in any of those surveys - the truth is that they are not surveys at all but a cheeky way of allowing cold calling centres and email spammers to harvest your personal details. I filled one out using a spare email address I have and suprise, suprise the spam it came flooding in!

No if you want to get rich quick in Farm Town then you're just going to have to knuckle down and do some serious networking and find some successful Farm Town friends. On my first day in Farm Town I got lucky and harvested a friends farm and earned 20,000 coins, it these kind of friends you need. So how to get them?

Well you could try the marketplace... I've never used the marketplace to find work but in my early days I did go there to hire. And I have to say I never hired the guy or girl shouting loudest, or typing "PLZ HIRE MEEEEE!!!" it put me off hiring them straight away, begging in the Farm Town marketplace is annoying to a lot of people. If you must find work at the marketplace find an open area of ground and type a simple message in language that can be understood "Hi I'm looking for work, will follow instructions carefully" is one that someone used once - I hired her!

Once you have got a job at the Marketplace it helps to be polite, thank the farmer and mention that if they add you as a buddy you will look out for them next time you have a harvest. Building up relationships like this really helps.

To add wealthy neighbours you could try one of the many facebook Farm Town groups or even the official forums. I've added a few people this way but generally if they don't turn out to be constructive friends I delete them. Farm Town is a social networking game... if you are going to harvest for someone it pays to keep that farmer happy, to compliment them on the effort they have put into their farm, to assure them that you will look out for them when you next have a harvest... and why not just have a chat, make a friend... you'd be suprised at how well you can get on with your fellow farmers and in the end if you do get on well with them they'll almost certainly ask you to harvest for them again! Standing in the Farm Town marketplace shouting "HIRE ME PLZZ" doesn't endear you to anyone!

2 comments:

  1. When I was new to farm town I really don't have idea how to gain money in fastest way. You still need someone advice or someone to guide you in playing games. I read blogs about how to make money on farm town and farmville too. I realized later that making friends on the game is much fun playing the game. You can harvest the benefits of making friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To for the love of god:
    When I first started playing, I went to the help & rules tab at the top of play screen. The help & rules tab clearly tells you everything you need to know about playing town. I made over 100,000 coins my first week playing. I never went to the marketplace. I did it the honest way. My wrist and fingers hurt but that is no excuse for a true farm town addict. here is the link. http://www.slashkey.com/docs/Farm_Town_User_Guide

    ReplyDelete