Friday 5 June 2009

Farm Town - Variable harvest prices



For some time now Farm Town has featured warnings that prices at the market might change. I know some of my Farm Town neighbors are not looking forward to this, they have their favourite crops - and they plan to stick with them. At the moment I must admit i'm sticking to planting onions in Farm Town, not just because of the
economics of them. Primarily it's because my farm is so big and I just don't have the time to get online often enough so a three day crop is ideal.

But I have to admit I'm looking forward to variable pricing in Farm Town, it will add just a bit more depth to the game. Though I do wonder how they will implement it. The clever thing to do would be to adjust the prices according to "supply" i.e.; if on the day you go to market everyone is selling Onions then the price offered to them is significantly lower... a great bonus to those Farmtown players who like to plant some of the crops that traditionally sell for less... and of course it would mean that your "storage" actually came in to its own. You could store your Farm Town crops for a day when the prices suit you.

The easiest way to implement the variable pricing would be to generate the prices randomly - that could work but only if the prices were set the same for all players. Personally I prefer the model set by "Supply" but I guess we'll have to see. Afterall we still don't have our Farm Town flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment